How are YOU? Not your children, work, friends, family, YOU?
How are you feeling?
- Are you feeling comforted, balanced at peace?
- Do you feel safe in trust and alignment with yourself and the world/Universe – the bigger picture?
- Or do you feel shrunk in the ever tightening straight jacket of the stress and struggle of your drinking?
- Fearful of the ticking of the clock, as you edge towards your decided ‘Wine O’Clock’ that has become the awakening of your Cravings?
Ultimately, there are 2 ways of living around your drinking, in relaxed and in control, or struggle, stress and out of control.
Both of which are CHOICES only you can make, and the stress, struggle and out of control can be changed by simple new awareness’s that allow for effortless expansion of your perception of you, alcohol and LIFE.
In effortless expansion, you have a wider horizon, with space for greater opportunities, greater choices for thoughts/feelings and the consequences of these two, the ACTIONS you take – to drink, to not drink, to not drink with ease, to fight to not drink.
Alcohol doesn’t change. It can’t. Take that one simple FACT on board, and shift your attention from the external (alcohol), and gently look at the only part of your ‘relationship’ with alcohol that can change, YOU.
Here’s are FOUR Simple Steps to help you on your journey to you, and to finding PEACE around alcohol.
- RECOGNIZE the feelings that come up when you crave a drink – you drink on what you feel, not on what you think
- OBSERVE the thoughts that created the feelings
- DETACH from those thoughts – the less you engage with your thoughts, the weaker your feelings. To do this, when your ‘drinking thinking’ pops up, say with non-judgmental kindness, “Hi, you’re here again, I don’t need you, off you go now” – this alone creates a gap between you and your thinking that loosens your alcohol thinking/feeling/Craving trap
- PRAISE yourself – every time you use the above and don’t drink – your praise of you activates your LOVE of you, the most powerful emotion and in LOVE there is no desire for alcohol.
And it is ALL down to you! It is YOUR (not someone else’s), kind words, towards you, that create the most powerfully kind feelings and kind feelings mean you don’t drink!
Changing your drinking is NOT hard.
Battling with your painful THOUGHTS and FEELINGS/CRAVINGS IS – this is the mental torture you inflict on yourself, as you attempt to make yourself ‘feel better’ by not drinking.
Alcohol is what you ‘DO’ to end that torture.
As long as you continue to try over and over again, to change your drinking, by starting with any attempt to deny yourself your ‘comfort’, by beating yourself up for you ‘weakness’, and not turning instead to gently learning the self-loving truths about who you are and what you need, you will get the same results….’failure’
When you start your journey to freedom, by looking into you, into the wonder and magic of you – a wonder and magic you have learnt to believe no longer exists, your drinking will change, effortlessly.
If my words resonate, I can help you. The hardest part of change through my 6 week, Rapid Alcohol Recovery Method process, is the reaching out.
The holding out of your hand and placing it in mine. Until you are your rock, I will be. My journey to changing my drinking has been the joy of my LIFE, don’t you deserve that too?
Be kind and gentle with yourself
PS. If you would like to understand more about my journey from 28 years of alcoholism, to peaceful freedom, take a look at my internationally acclaimed book, This Isn’t Me (click on the link HERE).I wrote it for my son, as an apology for his younger years, and as an attempt to explain the un-explainable.