Apr 29, 2021
How are YOU? Not your children, work, friends, family, YOU?
How are you feeling?
- Are you feeling comforted, balanced at peace?
- Do you feel safe in trust and alignment with yourself and the world/Universe – the bigger picture?
- Or do you feel shrunk in the ever tightening straight jacket of the stress and struggle of your drinking?
- Fearful of the ticking of the clock, as you edge towards your decided ‘Wine O’Clock’ that has become the awakening of your Cravings?
Ultimately, there are 2 ways of living around your drinking, in relaxed and in control, or struggle, stress and out of control.
Both of which are CHOICES only you can make, and the stress, struggle and out of control can be changed by simple new awareness’s that allow for effortless expansion of your perception of you, alcohol and LIFE.
In effortless expansion, you have a wider horizon, with space for greater opportunities, greater choices for thoughts/feelings and the consequences of these two, the ACTIONS you take – to drink, to not drink, to not drink with ease, to fight to not drink.
Alcohol doesn’t change. It can’t. Take that one simple FACT on board, and shift your attention from the external (alcohol), and gently look at the only part of your ‘relationship’ with alcohol that can change, YOU.
Here’s are FOUR Simple Steps to help you on your journey to you, and to finding PEACE around alcohol.
- RECOGNIZE the feelings that come up when you crave a drink – you drink on what you feel, not on what you think
- OBSERVE the thoughts that created the feelings
- DETACH from those thoughts – the less you engage with your thoughts, the weaker your feelings. To do this, when your ‘drinking thinking’ pops up, say with non-judgmental kindness, “Hi, you’re here again, I don’t need you, off you go now” – this alone creates a gap between you and your thinking that loosens your alcohol thinking/feeling/Craving trap
- PRAISE yourself – every time you use the above and don’t drink – your praise of you activates your LOVE of you, the most powerful emotion and in LOVE there is no desire for alcohol.
And it is ALL down to you! It is YOUR (not someone else’s), kind words, towards you, that create the most powerfully kind feelings and kind feelings mean you don’t drink!
Changing your drinking is NOT hard.
Battling with your painful THOUGHTS and FEELINGS/CRAVINGS IS – this is the mental torture you inflict on yourself, as you attempt to make yourself ‘feel better’ by not drinking.
Alcohol is what you ‘DO’ to end that torture.
As long as you continue to try over and over again, to change your drinking, by starting with any attempt to deny yourself your ‘comfort’, by beating yourself up for you ‘weakness’, and not turning instead to gently learning the self-loving truths about who you are and what you need, you will get the same results….’failure’
When you start your journey to freedom, by looking into you, into the wonder and magic of you – a wonder and magic you have learnt to believe no longer exists, your drinking will change, effortlessly.
If my words resonate, I can help you. The hardest part of change through my 6 week, Rapid Alcohol Recovery Method process, is the reaching out.
The holding out of your hand and placing it in mine. Until you are your rock, I will be. My journey to changing my drinking has been the joy of my LIFE, don’t you deserve that too?
Be kind and gentle with yourself
PS. If you would like to understand more about my journey from 28 years of alcoholism, to peaceful freedom, take a look at my internationally acclaimed book, This Isn’t Me (click on the link HERE).I wrote it for my son, as an apology for his younger years, and as an attempt to explain the un-explainable.
Apr 24, 2021
How are you feeling now that Spring is here and Lockdown is slowly, but surely, easing?
Shops are open, we can meet friends (mainly in the freezing bloody cold), schools are back and a hopeful new normal is definitely on our horizon…….
None of which diminish that facts that the last few years have been a stress and struggle for everyone. The fears of this damn COVID, and the massive impact it has had on life.
Maybe you have worried about you job, money, homeschooling, being isolated.
There’s been no hugs, no kisses, and Zoom has lost all its appeal hasn’t it?
This isn’t a moaning ‘poor me’ message. I KNOW how blessed I am, my God, do I know it!
To have my son with me, to be in the care bubble of my brother and sister-in-law, to have My Girls (doglets) to walk, and to still be able to serve and change the lives of the amazing clients who do me the honour of choosing me to be their guide to freedom from the dreadful pain of their drinking, and back to the peace that is their birthright, are huge, gifts of which I am so grateful.
And still…….a great deal is lost……..
I am an expressive ‘hugger’, are you?
I love to touch my loves, my family, my friends. I love to put my arms around them, hold them close, and let them know how very much I love them without words, because there are no words that can express my love, and all that is gone. We are socially distanced and it has ‘aged’ me.
Of course there is the vaccines, a very controversial subject, but having had a frighteningly brutal dose of COVID, I am committed and have had my first jab, and now have been lucky enough to take advantage of the slow opening up to take myself, and My Girls, down to Devon to watch the sunrise over the sea, to re-cablibrate, and to do what I beg you to do for yourself, every day
Please lovely, take the time to stand outside, for just 10 minutes and do this lovely, soul expanding exercise
- BREATHE, slowly and deeply, to let your mind chatter quieten.
- Look to the sky with profound Gratitude for WHO YOU ARE
- For WHO YOU HAVE in your life,
- For WHO YOU HAVE LOST, and the gift of having had them, no matter for how short a time, for what you have and
- For your PERFECTLY, IMPERFECT, ONCE ONLY, LIFE 💖
I promise you, that 10 minutes alone will take you from anxiety and stress, and back to your default settings of
REST, RECOVERY & RESTORE – and when you have those, you have the ultimate’s in life, JOY and PEACE.
- In PEACE you have no alcohol CRAVINGS
- In PEACE you need no WILLPOWER
- In PEACE you don’t fear LOSING CONTROL OF YOUR DRINKING
- In PEACE, you have the COMFORT you look for in ALCOHOL
- In PEACE you have the wonder of YOU.
I am back now and my struggle is comforted. However I am not yet back in my physical home, but back in my emotional and spiritual one, the home where I am strongest, and I am here for you.
If you are ready to change your drinking for once and for all, with ease, take a look at the unique process I created for you, Rapid Alcohol Recovery Method, just reach out, you only have to hit Reply with a very brave ME (that ME will be the ONLY hard part of your journey to freedom), and I will take your from there. In less than 6 weeks, you WILL be free.
There is nothing greater you can do for YOU and your family right now, than to change the way you drink, and you know this deep in your heart. x
Be kind and gentle with yourself
PS I love to share my clients joyful successes, so here’s a recent one, and there are more on my Testimonials page.
Working with Sonia has transformed my life, not just my drinking, MY LIFE! I feel empowered, at peace with who I am and I know that whatever happens in life, I can deal with it, I don’t need alcohol. I just need me“
If you would like to understand more about my journey from 28 years of alcoholism, to peaceful freedom, take a look at my internationally acclaimed book, This Isn’t Me (click on the link HERE).I wrote it for my son, as an apology for his younger years, and as an attempt to explain the un-explainable.