Isn’t LIFE strange……at the times of the year that are supposed to bring you and your loves together, connected to celebrate the graces of LOVE, PEACE and JOY, far too often find you find yourself connected instead to Stress, Anxiety and Overwhelm…….
And to cope maybe Drinking more than yourself you would….this time you would remember it all….instead of being snappy and irritable and desperate for the circus to end
Or Overeating in a way that leaves you feeling disgusted and ashamed
What actually happens is that you step out of your natural balance and rhythm, try to DO more, often spend more than you can afford, run around like a headless chicken, flapping and squawking to get things done, deciding to do too much, not asking for help, not taking a break, not nourishing yourself (I’m tired even thinking about writing these worlds)…..and in the process, completely neglecting YOU and YOUR needs and the result……
Stress, Anxiety, Overwhelm, too much alcohol, too much food and not enough YOU
So, as you go through your Easter, here are my Top Tips to help you stay IN balance (not control – control takes your energy, and means you are OUT of control), and to stay true to the wonderful human you are, loved and loving, peaceful and JOYFUL 🧡
Top Tips for a Stress Free EASTER
- Make a list of what needs to be done, then ask yourself of each one, “Does the NEED to be done?” Cross off any not ‘needs’. Put the bloody washing away until after Easter….anything unrelated to what needs to be done over the next 3 days….forget it…..do this every day
- DELEGATE….There is usually a job for every age group, every ability. Involve others, ask kindly, accept the results….the only one who knew the ‘perfection’ you were looking for is YOU…..
- Take regular TIMEOUTS – 10 – 15 minute, not negotiables times to stand outside, or in a room alone (sit on the loo if you have too), wrap your arms around yourself in a huge hug, slow your breathing and give thanks for the day, for your breath, for your heartbeat, for YOU
- EAT….regularly and small. Grap fruit, carrots, tomatoes….I often use raw veg and hummous to bridge the gap of meals…..
- Drink water, herbal tea throughout the day……the first sign of hunger is dehydration, so drink your water….keep a small bottle within reach, always.
- Say NO with a smile……when you are asked to do something, PAUSE, BREATHE, run it through your head when your breathing has calmed you, ask yourself, “What’s the next best step for ME?” and only then answer…..
- If you have to spend time with someone who upsets you, prepare yourself in advance. I say to myself, “I don’t understand why he/she is like this, I don’t know whats going on, so I will act and talk with compassion” You WILL respond differently.
- Go to bed when YOU need to….You don’t have to stay up late….You decide what’s best for YOU.
The more you put in place simple Self-Care, the easier your LIFE is….every day.
Anxiety, Stress, Exhaustion, Overwhelm, too much alcohol, too much food, ALL are results of you neglecting you.
Only you can put these in place. YOU are YOUR responsibility….no-one else’s….take that on board with the love and care it is delivered, and then ACT on it.
Your LIFE will get easier, you will end your struggles and you will have a peaceful, loving Easter.
Be kind and gentle with yourself